Career fairs are held on many Engineering campuses in the Fall and Winter terms. The career fair is a convenient way for companies to find students for interviews and for students to look for fulltime and summer employment. The career fair can improve your chance of getting a interview which may lead to a job with a specific company. There are several important things to know about career fairs including the following topics:
- Who are the recruiters at the Career Fair?
- How does the career fair help a student get an interview?
- What kinds of questions can you ask a recruiter?
- What should you do when there are multiple recruiters from the same company?
- What should students tell recruiters when they have multiple Majors or Minors?
- How can International Students take advantage of the Career Fair?
To read more, see my Paperback/Kindle book on Amazon.com
“My Recruiting Secrets for Engineering Students” (Published Sept, 2013)
It all starts with the Resume. A great resume opens the “recruiting door” to Career Fairs and Interviews. This book has three chapters (80 pages) devoted to creating the best BS, MS and Ph.D. resumes. With a great resume, you will exhibit confidence with recruiters at the Career Fair, during a technical or Behavioral Interview, and during your Internship, Co-op, and Full-time job. This book contains over 40 illustrations for the major sections of a well-formatted resume.